New and experienced project managers wanting to improve their management of software projects need to include key planning elements, appropriate techniques, effective communications, and ideas for self-improvement. In this interactive course, new and experienced project managers explore the most common causes of project failure; and are introduced to up-to-date methodologies, principles, and practices for successful software projects.
The course is excellent for those seeking to improve their software project management skills for producing full scope, adequately tested, on time and on budget results. Students are guided to those processes outlined by the Project Management Institute
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Select appropriately among methods such as Agile, Critical Chain, and Critical Path
- Discuss processes outlined by the Project Management Institute
- Explain the root causes of software project troubles
- Identify preventative actions for ongoing and future software projects
Skills needed: knowledge of software development fundamentals and the development lifecycle.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 05-17-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 05-24-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 05-31-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 06-07-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 06-14-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|