Spring Courses Open for Enrollment15% discount on select winter & spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Managing Global Supply Chains
The products that consumers use every day do not reach their local stores by accident. They are produced, assembled, and shipped from all over the world. Knowing how a product reaches its final destination is an important part of supply chain management. This class will cover trends in global supply chains, such as ocean transportation and overseas manufacturing (offshoring). How can we make the best sourcing decisions and how do we ensure supplier performance when they are in another country and time zone?
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" as the first course prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Recognize how global supply chains coordinate the flow of goods and services
- Understand how supply chain decisions can impact global channel structures
- Review commonly used international shipping terminology
- Planning and sourcing in the supply chain
- Strategy development and market research
- Operations, delivery and inventory management
- Global logistics management and trends
- International trade agreements
- Technology tools in global logistics
- Outsourcing and offshoring
- Make or buy decisions
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 05-01-2021||8:30 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 05-08-2021||8:30 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 05-15-2021||8:30 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.