Saturday Phone Service Interruption
There will be a brief pause in our phone service beginning at noon on Saturday, May 15 through May 16. For course emergencies, you may reach us at email@example.com.
Managing Global Supply Chains | SCMT.X405
The products that consumers use every day do not reach their local stores by accident. They are produced, assembled, and shipped from all over the world. Knowing how a product reaches its final destination is an important part of supply chain management. This class will cover trends in global supply chains, such as ocean transportation and overseas manufacturing (offshoring). How can we make the best sourcing decisions and how do we ensure supplier performance when they are in another country and time zone?
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" as the first course prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Recognize how global supply chains coordinate the flow of goods and services
- Understand how supply chain decisions can impact global channel structures
- Review commonly used international shipping terminology
- Planning and sourcing in the supply chain
- Strategy development and market research
- Operations, delivery and inventory management
- Global logistics management and trends
- International trade agreements
- Technology tools in global logistics
- Outsourcing and offshoring
- Make or buy decisions
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.