Visit our COVID update page.
The products that consumers use every day do not reach their local stores by accident. They are produced, assembled, and shipped from all over the world. Advanced modern technologies and pandemic-related changes have highlighted global interdependencies and challenges. Linear thinking of supply chain is out of date. The global supply chain is more and more a supply network.
In Managing Global Supply Chains, you’ll learn how a product reaches its final destination and how the latest industry trends impact global supply chain network management. We’ll cover how to make the best global sourcing decisions, choose alternatives to delivering products to customers, and ensure international supplier performance despite time zones differences.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" as the first course prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Recognize how global supply chains coordinate the flow of goods and services
- Understand how supply chain decisions can impact global channel structures
- Review commonly used international shipping terminology
- Planning and sourcing in the supply chain
- Strategy development and market research
- Operations, delivery and inventory management
- Global logistics management and trends
- International trade agreements
- Technology tools in global logistics
- Outsourcing and offshoring
- Make or buy decisions
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.