Visit our COVID update page.
Logistics management is the art of moving and storing materials from one point to another on the globe. In this course for people interested in building supply chain expertise, we study various transporting modes for products through road, rail, water, and air. Students will gain an understanding of transportation models and inventory localization which are focal points in network planning strategies. We will review the supply chain operations reference (SCOR) model with its focus on improving supply chain processes. Finally, we will discuss the increased costs of logistics resulting from the worldwide lockdown due to the COVID pandemic, and lessons learned.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" as the first course prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe key elements of trade facilitation
- Recognize international shipping terms used in the International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS)
- Analyze how global supply chains coordinate the flow of goods and services
- Learn methods for network planning and transportation models
- Examine the role logistics function in coordinated new product introduction
- History and evolution of logistics
- Modes of transportation
- Costs of transportation
- Class and commodity rates
- Transportation law and deregulation
- Internal logistics and global supply chains
- Leading technology and trends in logistics
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.