25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Discount applies to courses starting before September 1. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Logistics and Transportation Management
Logistics management is the art of getting materials from here to there. It includes transporting products through modes such as truck, rail, and air. This course will discuss the history of teach mode, including the oldest form of transportation, water. Government oversight and regulation of transportation will be covered, as well as the deregulation of transportation that occurred in the 1980s. What are the best methods of transport for local shipments? What about transport to other parts of the world? Each transportation mode has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, which will be covered in this course.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" as the first course prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify the various modes of transportation and their advantages
- Review key elements of transportation law and deregulation
- Recognize international shipping terms used in the industry
- Recognize how global supply chains coordinate the flow of goods and services
- Explain how supply chain decisions can impact global channel structures
- Review commonly used international shipping terminology
- History and evolution of logistics
- Modes of transportation
- Costs of transportation
- Class and commodity rates
- Transportation law and deregulation
- Internal logistics and global supply chains
- Leading technology and trends in logistics
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.