Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Leading People Through Change | HRMT.X412
The increasing rate and scope of change is having a profound effect on the workplace. In this course, you will learn essential leadership skills, including how to inspire and motivate individuals, manage talent, influence without authority, and lead teams. Managers, supervisors and Human Resource professionals often bear the responsibility of maintaining morale and productivity during difficult change processes. Doing this effectively requires grasping the impact of change on people, understanding the change process, acquiring critical coping skills, optimizing the positive payoffs from change, and implementing action plans for leading people through change. You will obtain practical resources and develop a personal action plan for leading people through change.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain the pressures for change
- Explain the causes, consequences, and costs of mismanaging change
- Assess strategies used by businesses in planning for and dealing with change
- Understand the process of change management
- Describe the role of a change agent
- Develop a change plan
- Describe how organizations can identify and evaluate the impact of change on corporate culture, employees and performance
- Create and communicate your vision as a leader
- Explore specific roadmap for managing change
- Identify and explain different change models
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 10 hours.
Effective June, 2021, this course is valid for 10 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Effective the Summer 2021, this course will be offered for 1 credit unit.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.