Visit our COVID update page.
Effective performance management systems involve goal setting, coaching and feedback, motivation, measuring performance against goals, no rating systems, employee check-ins, performance appraisals options, employee development and retention strategies.
In this overview course for managers, supervisors as well as human resources business partners, you’ll learn how a PM program can benefit your team, how to implement the complex components above and techniques to effectively partner with line managers to enhance your process.
We will watch and defend a mock performance appraisal review, listen to guest speakers discuss best practices in performance management, and review manager training at various companies. By developing high potential employees and identifying successors for senior level positions within an organization, you will see how employee coaching and leadership development tie in with succession planning. We will also review and implement the key elements of a performance improvement plan.
- Proper performance management techniques and pitfalls to avoid
- Management of employee behavior and job performance
- Organizational alignment and results. What about positive feedback?
- Employee check-ins and employee development in a performance management process and a performance appraisal system
- Performance management implementation in diverse organizational cultures
- Leadership development and succession planning
- Performance management research, neuroscience, and employee analytics
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.