Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All spring classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Effective Performance Management
This course provides an overview of performance management, what it is, its benefits, and how it is applied in most organizations. You will learn how to develop effective performance management systems which involve goal setting, coaching and feedback, motivation, measuring performance against goals, performance appraisals, and employee development. In addition, you will gain an understanding of how employee coaching and leadership development tie in closely with succession planning, by developing high potential employees and identifying successors for senior level positions within an organization. We will also watch and defend a "mock performance appraisal review," listen to two guest speakers discuss new best practices in performance management, and review and implement new and experienced manager training.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Learn what Performance Management means, how it is used correctly and how it can be used incorrectly.
- Understand how Performance Management is about managing employee behavior in performing the requirements of the job.
- See how Performance Management is key to getting organizational alignment and successful results. What about positive feedback?
- Be able to develop and utilize a PM process and a Performance Appraisal System.
- Gain managerial tips to on how to effectively implement Performance Management in an organization.li>
- Understand how the Performance Management process dovetails into Leadership Development coupled with Succession Planning.
- Learn about new manager training and development plans
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.