New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Effective Employee Relations | HRMT.X414
This course presents legal and practical methods for handling employee relations issues. Special emphasis is given to the 80 percent of job terminations that are on-the-job behavior-related.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand how to add value and build credibility as an employee relations partner
- Understand employee motivation and how it impacts ER
- Drive setting aligned expectations with managers
- Support managers on providing feedback to employees
- Deal with employee complaints
- Handle difficult conversations with employees
- Drive employee communications at all levels
- Employee communications
- Handling employee complaints, resolving employee conflicts and harassment
- Coaching managers through employee issues
- Performance management
- Voluntary and involuntary terminations
- Impact of mergers and acquisitions
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 16.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 16.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.