Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Effective Employee Relations
This course presents legal and practical methods for handling employee relations issues. Special emphasis is given to the 80 percent of job terminations that are on-the-job behavior-related.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand how to add value and build credibility as an employee relations partner
- Understand employee motivation and how it impacts ER
- Drive setting aligned expectations with managers
- Support managers on providing feedback to employees
- Deal with employee complaints
- Handle difficult conversations with employees
- Drive employee communications at all levels
- Employee communications
- Handling employee complaints, resolving employee conflicts and harassment
- Coaching managers through employee issues
- Performance management
- Voluntary and involuntary terminations
- Impact of mergers and acquisitions
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 16.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 16.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 11-02-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 11-09-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 11-16-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 11-23-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 11-30-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.