See our latest COVID updates.
HR generalists, business partners, and newly promoted human resources specialists will deepen their understanding of employee performance programs in this extensive and practical overview of workplace relations.
We will learn current legal and practical methods for handling employee relations, performance management strategies, and provide a special focus on common workplace issues such as on-the-job behavior which accounts for 80 percent of terminations.
We will also explore topics such as employee communications, handling employee complaints, resolving employee conflicts, and workplace harassment as well as how-to conversations that coaching managers employ to help with employee issues; performance management; voluntary and involuntary terminations, abusive behavior, and the impact of mergers and acquisitions. More importantly, we will also focus on the new world of work and how teams influence new employee behaviors.
It is highly recommended that students new to human resources begin with the introductory "Human Resource Management” course. After that, courses may be taken in any order.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand the full concept and interpret best practices regarding employee relations.
- Coach managers through employee performance, mental health, and other personal issues.
- Implement and outline (for managers) a comprehensive performance improvement plan.
- Train managers in performance management for ER.
- Innovative approaches and research regarding performance management systems in 2022.
- Understand the impact of teams regarding employee performance.
- Deal with employees during the integration process of change and realignments.
- Explain the investigative process today in workplace harassment and other complaints.
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 16.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 16.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 05-09-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 05-16-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 05-23-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 05-30-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 06-06-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|