This course explores the challenges and issues related to the supervision and operation of preschool programs. Staff-administrator relationships, staff inservice education and working with parents are also covered.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Implement health and hygiene policies.
- Understand key issues related to the inclusion of special needs students.
- Establish anti-bias approaches to school administration.
- Apply interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate staff supervision, evaluation, and termination strategies.
- Establish and maintain quality family-school relationships.
- Build Community Resources through identifying and supporting family needs.
- Develop market techniques and handling of the media.
- Apply techniques for accessing current legislative and published information essential to providing quality child care and early education programs.
- Health, safety, and hygiene issues.
- Anti-bias programming and special education topics.
- Staff issues, including supervision, professional growth, conflict management probation, and termination.
- Family - School relationships
- School - Community relationships
- Public relations and advertising techniques.
- Updates on current research and developments in the field of Early Childhood Education.
Working knowledge of:
Please review section notes to view the full schedule.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.