Spring Courses Open for Enrollment15% discount on select winter & spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
ECE 11: Supervision and Administration of Early Childhood Centers, Part A
This course focuses on the history of early childhood education, the laws governing early childhood centers in California, and the goals of early childhood education. You’ll also discuss the administrator's job description, budgeting, personnel selection and standards, records and reports, and staff policies. The course discusses laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of an early childhood program and examines how to budget administrative responsibilities. You’ll develop the skills necessary to create an early childhood environment which meets space, equipment, health and safety requirements, and evaluate your program quality using the Environmental Rating Scale. This course is a good fit for educators interested in obtaining the California Child Program Director Permit.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify the history of early childhood education
- Identify the organization, function and relationship of the different types of programs for young children
- Recognize laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of an early childhood program
- Develop guidelines for selecting staff members for a program
- Develop staff policies and procedures for an early childhood program
- Plan early childhood environments which meet space, equipment, health and safety requirements
- Examine budget and record keeping administrative responsibilities
- Framework for your work
- Learning goals and action steps
- Staff conflict resolution
- Child care budgeting/approach assessment
- Hiring (qualifications and job descriptions)
- Licensing policies and procedures
- Child care environment rating
- Creating your program’s vision
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 05-10-2021||12:00 a.m.||12:00 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Sun, 06-13-2021||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.