All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course offers a hands-on approach to the UX/UI design guidelines for these devices. You will learn the principles of creating effective user interfaces that incorporate wearable technology. In addition, you will be introduced to rapid prototyping tools. The course covers flat design, responsive design, and parallax web design. You will also learn new lean models that will help you cultivate new design processes and solve problems for your products. The course emphasizes product coherence among multiple devices. Topics include future UI design trends such as mHealth, mPayment, mCommerce, voice-user interface, augmented reality, VR and emotional design. At the end of this course you will have a design portfolio and prototype that you can showcase to employers.
- Apple Watch human interface guidelines
- Android Wear human interface guidelines
- Augmented Reality (AR) UX design
- Virtual Reality (VR) UX/UI design (Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR)
- Designing smart things UX/UI
- Autonomous Cars UX
- Drone Mobile UX Design
- Connected home and IoT UX/UI
- Chatbots UX/UI design (Facebook, Slack)
- Car dashboard UX/UI design (Apple, Google, Tesla)
- UX of voice interaction (Amazon Echo, Google Home, Siri)
- Smart tracking (Tile)
- Healthcare, sport, smart baby devices
- InVision mobile prototyping tool
- How to create emotional design and micro interactions UX
- Responsive design/parallax design
- Designing glasses for AR
- Creating multi-device experiences
Skills Needed: Familiarity with a drawing tool is required to complete class exercises (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks or Sketch.)
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.