Visit our COVID update page.
This introductory, interactive, and entertaining course provides human resource professionals the methodology and techniques required to effectively resolve workplace, interpersonal, and group conflicts.
We will explore conflict resolution coaching and mediation techniques, introducing different mediation styles—facilitative, transformative, and evaluative—and examine when each approach would most effectively mediate employee conflicts.
You will end the course with a comprehensive understanding and practical skills to nurture and guide positive resolutions among diverse parties.
- Identify different perspectives and approaches to the study of conflict
- Understand the role of conflict management techniques and mediation in the resolution of disputes
- Describe the stages of human conflict and identify techniques to help parties resolve workplace conflicts
- Identify and implement strategies for preventing or defusing rising conflict
- Integrate conflict resolution into organizational cultures
- Recognize how biases and cultural differences can affect the resolution process
- Identify which style of mediation should be used for different types of disputes
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each mediation style
- Understand the process of an EEOC mediation
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.