25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Courses starting June through August 31. Discount applied at checkout. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All spring & summer classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
This course presents wage theories and practices and their application to problems in business and industry. A workshop approach will be applied to the study of wage survey techniques, job analysis, classification and evaluation, methods of individual wage determination, and incentive plans.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe corporate compensation philosophy and goals
- Recognize what competitors are paying for comparable employees in relevant labor markets to permit the organization to attract and keep competent employees.
- Understand the relationships among job requirements, employee KSAs, and employer-provided compensation.
- Develop a clear link between work required, performance demonstrated, and pay provided to each employee.
- Develop incentive and indirect compensation programs to recognize achievement of individual, group and organizational objectives, improving the organization’s ability to attract and retain quality employees.
- Link individual rewards to achievement of organizational objectives, corporate performance and total returns to shareholders. plans
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 06-16-2020||12:00 a.m.||12:00 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 08-11-2020||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.