Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All ongoing and spring classes have been moved to a remote format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Benefits Management: A Comprehensive Study of Employee Benefit Programs
This course presents a comprehensive view of benefits, including the latest approaches for analyzing and negotiating benefits programs and funding options. A key focus will be developing strategies to reduce healthcare costs. Students will learn to evaluate employee needs and help them better understand and use their coverage.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of a Benefits Manager’s job.
- State a corporation’s Employee Benefits philosophy and goals.
- Define various laws and regulations that govern administration of Employee Benefits programs.
- Describe principles of risk and how this relates to design of insurance benefits plans.
- Describe the role of the Broker and the relationship with the Benefits Manager.
- Define managed care and consumerism in health care benefits plans.
- Describe various funding alternatives for insurance benefits programs.
- Understand financial benefits including 401(k) and stock option plans.
- Health and welfare plans, including cafeteria plans
- The Affordable Health Care Act and Covered California
- Qualified retirement plans such as 401(k) plans
- Vacation and sick leave programs, incidental benefits
- Overall benefit cost management workforce
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 07-07-2020||12:00 a.m.||12:00 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 08-25-2020||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.