How comfortable are you with the formal give-and-take of business negotiation? Whether you work in sales, marketing, management or business administration, you’ll benefit from this course, which is designed for anyone who needs to leverage support from their company or other companies. You'll practice each stage of a business negotiation, from the initial planning to the final "handshake" and the memorandum of agreement. The course presents ten negotiation principles, including how to use the four basic forces in every business negotiation: power, information, timing and approach. The Negotiation Mode Matrix is used to demonstrate how to shift from ineffective negotiating strategies and tactics to more cooperative and mutually beneficial approaches. You'll review case studies and negotiation simulations to learn to translate new knowledge into job-related skills.
The course addresses how to:
- Prepare for a negotiation in a project management environment
- Recognize the four forces present in every negotiation
- Develop acceptable concessions
- Respond to negotiation deadlines
- Ensure that all last-minute steps have been taken
- Get a negotiation session off to a good start
- Recognize and counter the typical strategies and tactics
- Close a successful negotiation
Professional Credit: Project Management Institute--PMP 15 Professional Development Units.