International Frequently Asked Question
How do I apply, what documents are needed, and when is the deadline?
International students must formally apply to receive a form I-20 from UCSC Extension. Below is a list of the documents we require and our application deadlines for each quarter. You may visit our How to Apply Page to find our application form, information on important dates and fees, and details on how to maintain F-1 status while studying at UCSC Extension. The completed application form and supporting documents can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I-20 Application Requirements:
To receive an acceptance letter to study at UCSC Silicon Valley Extension, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Have completed post-secondary education or have 2 or more years of verifiable industry experience.
- Proficiency in English* (70 TOEFL, 6.0 IELTS, 50 Duolingo, 3.7 iTEP, 760 TOEIC or equivalent and accepted qualifications).
In addition, you must provide the following documents:
- Bank statement showing a minimum of $30,000 to cover yearly living and tuition expenses
- Proof of English Proficiency*
- Copy of college transcripts or diploma
- Copy of passport
- (optional) Resume
- (optional) Personal Statement
Already in the U.S. or planning to transfer from another U.S. institution? Also, provide the following:
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of recent I-20 (transfer students)
*English Waiver may also apply if you have completed at least 2 years of study at a university or college in an English speaking country within the last 2 years. We also accept qualifications from a few language institutions. Please inquire at ExtensionInternational@ucsc.edu
If you are in the U.S., forms are due:
If you are abroad, forms are due:
- December 15