Grades Frequently Asked Question

What are the UCSC Extension grade options?

A letter grade is the default, but you do have options.

The Credit/No Credit option is available to students in good academic standing. Requests for Credit/No Credit must be submitted to Student Services via by the last day of the course.

Please note that only letter grades of C- or higher can be applied to a certificate. Most employer or government-sponsored workforce development study programs require a minimum grade of B or higher.