Subscribe and Save15% discount on select winter courses for all subscribers.
System Updates Scheduled—Thursday Eve
This may affect your ability to complete course registration for short periods of time between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. PST on Nov. 26. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
General Frequently Asked Question
What is Canvas?
Canvas is our online classroom. It's a learning management system that allows you to connect online with your instructor and your classmates. When you log in to Canvas, you will see a listing of any courses that you are taking. You can also find detailed information about each course.
This is where you can communicate with instructors and classmates, find the course syllabus and reference materials from the instructor. You can submit your homework and class projects through Canvas.
When will I have access to my course in Canvas?
- You will be granted access to your course site and course materials one day prior to the published start date of the course.
- Once you enroll in a course, it can take up to 24 hours for your data to get into the system and your Canvas classroom to open.
Is there a preferred browser for Canvas?
Yes. We recommend either Firefox or Chrome.
How long do I have access to Canvas after the course?
- Courses are designed to automatically close after the end date of the course. You are encouraged to download any necessary materials before this time.
- Course materials will be accessible for at least two weeks after the published end date.
- Lecture videos are not available for download.