General Frequently Asked Question

Tax Credit Info: Do course fees qualify for a 1098-T tax credit?

If you paid for a UCSC Extension course, you may qualify for a tax credit on your taxes. Here's some information at the Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center.

The IRS Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement

To get the required form—IRS Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement—please include your Social Security Number in your UCSC Extension Student Profile by the end of the calendar year.

The IRS Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement is used to help you determine your eligibility for an educational tax credit and/or deduction.

There is more information below for people who miss the deadline and still want to receive a 1098-T form.

Access Your 1098-T

The University of California has contracted with the TAB Service Company to electronically produce your IRS Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement. You may have received an email notification from TCRS indicating that your 1098-T is available online at Be sure to check your spam filter to make sure you receive this important tax statement. See directions below to help you log on and get your form.

Login Instructions for Your 1098-T, Tuition Statement

You will be required to log in to, a secure portion of the TAB Service Co. website to access your individual 1098-T information. Please read these directions before going to the site to avoid confusion. Enter the following information:

  1. Site ID for UCSC: 11562
  2. User Name: Student ID/Account number
  3. Default Password: Last 4 digits of your SSN
  4. Create a new password. For security reasons, you will then be prompted to change your password.
  5. View and Print. From your student record page, you will be able to view and print your 1098-T statement by selecting “View/Print My 1098-T Tax” and choosing “Print”.

If you need assistance accessing your record, please call (888) 220-2540.

Statement Errors

Upon receipt of your 1098-T statement, if there are errors, please contact UCSC Extension Student Services at (408) 861-3860. We will guide you to amend and reissue the statement.

Can’t find your 1098-T Statement?

If a Social Security number (SSN) was not entered into your student record by December 31, 2019, a 1098-T statement will not be available for you. If you would like to now provide that information to obtain a 1098-T Statement, please fill out IRS form W-9S and mail it to:

UCSC Extension, Office of the Registrar, 3175 Bowers Ave., Santa Clara, CA 95054

Please note: The University of California does not supply paper copies of 1098-T statements.