General Frequently Asked Question
Can I get help after hours?
Our Student Services Department is available to help answer questions and help with issues Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Here are some way you can get help after hours. Also, please refer to the following FAQs for more answers.
How do I find the Zoom link for my class?
- Log into Canvas
- Click on your course on the dashboard and click on the “Zoom” tab. Please check the “Announcements” or “Discussions” tab as well.
- If you do not see your zoom link and your course starts within the next hour, please email Extension@ucsc.edu and include “Urgent - Zoom not Available” on the subject line.
More Canvas and Zoom FAQs can be found here.
- I just enrolled into my course that starts right now. Why haven’t I received access to my online course yet?
If you enroll the same day that your course begins, your account or course should appear in Canvas within two to three hours after enrolling in your course.
If your course is a live-online course and your class lecture is starting, please email Extension@ucsc.edu and include “Urgent - Need Course Access” on the subject line.
More Canvas FAQs can be found here.
- I am having issues logging into Canvas, who should I contact?
Contact Online Support at (408) 861-3832 or by email at ExtensionOnline@ucsc.edu.
More information can be found here.
- Is there Saturday assistance?
There are no Student Services Representatives available on Saturdays, please email email@example.com with any questions that you may have and someone will get back to you as soon as possible during business hours. Depending on your request, please look around at other FAQ pages that may be helpful.
- If you are a Workforce Student, please visit the Workforce FAQ page.
International Student Assistance
- If you are an International Student, please visit the International FAQ page
Still need help?
If your solution is not listed above or on the FAQ pages and you need urgent assistance (such as logging into your course that starts today), please email Extension@ucsc.edu with the subject line: Urgent - [Issue] or call 408-861-3700 and leave a message with your name, call back number and the urgent issue you are experiencing.
Assistance for Instructors
Are you an instructor looking for help after business hours?
- Refer to our IT Solutions webpage
- Please refer to the Instructor Resource Center
- Contact your Program Manager for assistance and they will contact you as soon as possible during business hours
- Email Extension@ucsc.edu with the subject line: Urgent - [Issue] or call 408-861-3700 and leave a message with your name, call back number and the urgent issue you are experiencing.