Presentation and Public Speaking Skills in Business
Interested in improving your presentation and public speaking skills for the workplace?
Join us in an interactive, in-person workshop at the Silicon Valley Campus to learn:
- Effective presentation design strategies
- Presenting and public speaking “do’s and don’ts”
- Group and panel presentation skills
- Speech writing and delivering skills
- Target audience and target purpose awareness
- Vocal and physical methods to engage and sustain the audience’s attention
- Guidelines for the communicative value of intonation in presenting and speaking in public
Participants will leave the workshop with a foundational understanding of how to apply new strategies to their own presentation skills. Plus you’ll learn about online resources to continue developing your professional presentation and public speaking skills beyond the workshop.
People of all skills are welcome to attend this event. Bring your public speaking questions!
English for Business Workshop Series
This is the third event in our five-part English for Business Workshop Series aimed at helping you build practical communication skills for the workplace. This event is sponsored by the International Team at UCSC Silicon Valley Extension. All are welcome to join in this participatory event.
Next in the English for Business Workshop Series
Workshop #4) Introduction to Discussion Skills, Intercultural Communication, Conflict Resolution, and Negotiation for Business (Nov. 16)
Workshop #5) Series Wrap Up: Moving Forward with your Professional Communication Skills (Dec. 7)