Workplace Investigations | HRMT.X415
This fast-paced workshop covers the process and tools necessary to complete a workplace investigation. Legal implications and practical recommendations for conducting pre-employment background investigations are reviewed. The workshop includes brainstorming sessions and other group exercises to develop practical recommendations every HR professional can use when conducting investigations.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand Legal Theories That Impact on Workplace Investigations
- Understand Precautions That Can Be Implemented to Prevent an Incident or Minimize the Negative Impact of an Incident
- Understand the Varying Steps and Responses That May Be Required in an Investigation of a Particular Type of Misconduct
- Understand the Options Available to the Employer After Concluding the Investigation
- workplace-violence, substance-abuse and intoxication, harassment, computer and other white-collar crimes, and employee theft.
- Risks and liabilities associated with inadequate or unlawful investigations, failing to investigate and the use of outside investigators will be analyzed.
- Interviewing, investigation techniques and documentation of the facts learned during the investigation are covered.
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 6.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.