25% off Summer Courses through Aug. 31 and 10% off Fall Courses when you enroll by Aug. 15. Discount is not applicable toward our partner programs: Legal Studies, Paralegal Studies, Digital Marketing Science, and Sales Operations.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Visual Design for Digital Media
In this course, we look at the role of the visual designer as a vital member of the creative team responsible for the look and feel of digital assets. We will study graphic design fundamentals such as color theory and typography, layout techniques, branding design, web graphic optimization, motion graphics, and production techniques for web and mobile. You will explore the corporate design system, its purpose, and how tech industries rely on it to dominate their market. You’ll experience the function of visual design as a collaborative process. Guest speakers may include visual designers, UX designers, and researchers from major Silicon Valley tech companies. By the end of the course, you will have created a professional-quality portfolio and a mobile app prototype.
This course will benefit graphic designers, web professionals, product managers, web developers, and anyone interested in learning the fundamental visual design skills to create professional-looking UI for digital media.
- Graphic Design fundamentals
- The fundamentals of design: Color theory and typography
- Page layout principles and techniques
- Building brand assets, logos, and style guides
- Visual design essentials for digital media
- HTML and CSS basics: Coding for non-developers
- Capturing your thoughts with sketches and wireframes
- Block design technique and scale of importance
- Mobile app design principles
- Building a professional-quality personal portfolio
- Introduction to design systems and design languages
- Copyright and accessibility regulations
- Create wireframes and prototypes for web and mobile apps
- Create user-centered user interfaces for digital media
- Understand visual design principles and design systems used in industry
- Understand the user experience design process and the role of a visual designer
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the team at work
Mac computers are highly recommended.
Prerequisite Courses: Adobe Illustrator, Introduction; UX Design Fundamentals
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 09-10-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 09-17-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 09-24-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-01-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-08-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-15-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-22-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-29-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 11-05-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 11-12-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.