Visit our COVID update page.
Illustrator's vector-based, small graphic format makes it a must for print and Web graphics. This hands-on course introduces the essential features and tools of Adobe Illustrator. Students develop basic competency in the use of this complex software, with emphasis on the Pen tool.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand Adobe Illustrator
- Select and align objects
- Create an illustration with the drawing tools
- Organize your artwork with layers
- Customize objects and basic shapes
- Using the Pen tool to draw curved, corner and cusp points
- Using templates
- Selection techniques
- Color swatches
- Transformation tools
- Moving dialog boxes
- Painting objects
- Gradients and blends
- Gradient Mesh tool
- Type basics: point, area, path
- Patterns and brushes
- Compound paths, masks
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
- Working familiarity with the Mac and/or Windows operating system including the fundamentals of file management and navigation.
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
At this time, students will be required to purchase Adobe Creative Suite individually for this course. Adobe Creative Cloud offers a discount for Students. Your tuition bill is considered proof of enrollment and can be used as your proof of eligibility to receive the student discount. If you have any questions, please let us know so we can assist you.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 04-12-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 04-19-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 04-26-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-03-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|