Visit our COVID update page.
Human resources is an evolving profession adapting to demographic and societal changes in the workplace and the continued globalization that is shaping our organizations. In this course, you will learn strategies to engage employees in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. We’ll discuss the HR role in deploying DEI education and training throughout an organization, creating a more inclusive culture, and facilitating DEI conversations. We’ll also see how an organization can leverage DEI as a competitive advantage to enhance business performance, innovation, and collaboration. For those in HR who are new to the DEI initiatives, this course covers lectures, class discussions, and a team exercise.
It is recommended that students new to Human Resources complete the "Human Resource Management” prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand HR’s role in leading DEI initiatives throughout an organization.
- Gain awareness of how to interweave a DEI perspective into the HR roles and structure of an organization.
- Assess how to effectively assist the implementation of initiatives by organization leaders.
- Interpret today’s most pertinent social issues and execute communication strategies throughout the channels of the organization with inclusive messages.
- Understand the process of how to unify an organization by creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness.
- Clarify the dos and don'ts of leading difficult DEI conversations.
- Implement communication strategies that prevent misunderstandings leading to formal grievances.
- Understand and analyze DEI initiative tracking that supports workforce engagement and productivity.
- Design systems throughout to increase inclusiveness culture in organizations.
- Predict systematic issues that negatively impact organizational culture.
- Identify how policies and procedures can obstruct equity in organizations.
- Defining Equity vs. Equality
- The language of Diversity & Inclusion
- Racial identity and Dynamics
- Gender Roles and Identity
- What is implicit/explicit bias
- How to bring DEI Initiatives in organizations
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 05-17-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-24-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-31-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 06-07-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 06-14-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|