All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Human resources is an evolving profession adapting to demographic and societal changes in the workplace and the continued globalization that is shaping our organizations. In this course, you will learn strategies to engage employees in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. We’ll discuss the HR role in deploying DEI education and training throughout an organization, creating a more inclusive culture, and facilitating DEI conversations. We’ll also see how an organization can leverage DEI as a competitive advantage to enhance business performance, innovation, and collaboration. For those in HR who are new to the DEI initiatives, this course covers lectures, class discussions, and a team exercise.
- Understanding of HR’s role in leading DEI initiatives throughout an organization
- The interweaving of a DEI perspective in HR roles and work
- Effective assistance to organization leaders who are implementing DEI initiatives
- Increased awareness of today’s most pertinent social issues and how to communicate effectively and more inclusively
- Skills to unify an organization by creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness
- Familiarity with the dos and don'ts in leading difficult DEI conversations
- Strategies for preventing misunderstandings that can lead to formal grievances
- Understanding of DEI initiative tracking to support workforce engagement and productivity
- Learning the different ways inclusion can be increased in organizations
- Ability to identify and correct systematic issues that negatively impact organizational culture
- Awareness of how policies and procedures can obstruct equity in organizations
- Defining Equity vs. Equality
- The language of Diversity & Inclusion
- Racial identity and Dynamics
- Gender Roles and Identity
- What is implicit/explicit bias
- How to bring DEI Initiatives in organizations
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 09-12-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 09-19-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 09-26-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 10-03-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 10-10-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|