Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Medical Writing | CTDM.X413
All biopharmaceutical companies must produce scientific reports and summary documents for regulatory agencies. Good documentation should be not only scientifically sound, but also clear, effective and concise. This course provides the practical skills needed to write effective documents for the healthcare industry. You'll gain practice through hands-on exercises and group projects based on documentation used in pharmaceutical development.
- The essentials of good writing required for any profession, including the proper use of grammar and punctuation
- Copyright, permission, and ethics
- Working with journal editors and regulatory reviewers
- Writing letters to the editor, scientific review articles, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, and press releases
- Preparing scientific posters
- Drafting documents that are user-friendly and comply with regulations
- Creating clear and concise content
By the end of the course, you should be able to demonstrate the basics of effective writing and streamline the writing process from raw ideas to finished documents.
Professional Credit: CA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.