Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
All biopharmaceutical companies must produce scientific reports and summary documents for regulatory agencies. Good documentation should be not only scientifically sound, but also clear, effective and concise. This course provides the practical skills needed to write effective documents for the healthcare industry. You'll gain practice through hands-on exercises and group projects based on documentation used in pharmaceutical development.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Demonstrate the basics of effective writing, with an emphasis on the English skills required to write clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Streamline the process to go from raw ideas to finished documents.
- Develop an understanding of various medical communication and regulatory documents and how they fit into a regulatory submission.
- Identify and discuss writing scientific review articles, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, investigator brochures, scientific posters, and press/news releases.
- The essentials of good writing required for any profession, including the proper use of grammar and punctuation
- Copyright, permission, and ethics
- Working with journal editors and regulatory reviewers
- Writing letters to the editor, scientific review articles, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, and press releases
- Preparing scientific posters
- Drafting documents that are user-friendly and comply with regulations
- Creating clear and concise content
Working knowledge of:
- Communication and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, or LibreOffice
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas including navigation links, modules, etc.
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Professional CreditCA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860