Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Linux System and Network Administration | LINX.X406
This is a foundation course on building and maintaining a server for Linux professionals and system administrators. The focus is on basic network configuration, networking services security, remote access configuration and administration of Linux server. The course covers system logging, inter-networking and services security, which are designed to help administrators ensure that their systems are secure. Students perform basic administrative tasks such as adding and managing users, creating and maintaining file systems, imposing a security policy, maintaining shell, installing and supporting network facilities such as NFS, DNS and DHCP. Instruction includes hands-on lab exercises.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to administer and manage networked services on Linux-based platforms in a business environment.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Master the Linux distributions/installation and package management
- Describe how to configure and use Linux network capabilities
- Explain Linux Network Security
- Determine how to do data backup under Linux
- Illustrate how to setup Web, NFS, SAMBA server service and print server
- Create shell scripts and adapt them to manage servers
Note(s): To practice, students are encouraged to have Debian Linux installed on their computer systems. Instructor will provide download and installation instructions in the first class.Skills Needed: A basic knowledge of Linux, networks, or comparable industry experience.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 01-10-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 01-24-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 01-31-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 02-07-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 02-14-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 02-28-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-07-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-14-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-21-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-28-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|