By the end of this course, participants will be able to administer and manage networked services on Linux-based platforms in a business environment.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Master the Linux distributions/installation and package management
- Describe how to configure and use Linux network capabilities
- Explain Linux Network Security
- Determine how to do data backup under Linux
- Illustrate how to setup Web, NFS, SAMBA server service and print server
- Create shell scripts and adapt them to manage servers
Note(s): To practice, students are encouraged to have Debian Linux installed on their computer systems. Instructor will provide download and installation instructions in the first class.Skills Needed: A basic knowledge of Linux, networks, or comparable industry experience.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $750
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.