System maintenance is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT. This will affect your access to Canvas, the online system hosting your course materials. We’re sorry for the interruption. Please plan ahead.
Interviewing for Success: Using Structured Interviewing Techniques
Students in this course will improve their interviewing skills and evaluation techniques through discussion, lecture, role-playing and videotaping so they can make more effective candidate selection and hiring decisions.
While this course is focused on the needs of staffing professionals, managers, and supervisors, other employees and even students who are active in the job market will gain distinctive interviewing skills.
Discussion topics include how to prepare job descriptions; review resumés quickly and accurately; plan, control, evaluate, and document the interview; and use effective questioning techniques in the interview process. You will study specific skills for behavioral, technical, and executive interviews, conducted by telephone, in person, or via videoconference.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Conduct an effective, legally compliant, initial phone/video screen of selected candidates;
- Apply a structured, flexible interviewing process, using four-phase, nine-step model presented in class;
- Prepare and execute a resumé-based interviewing agenda to elicit decision-making information;
- Use effective, job related behavioral, situational, self-assessment and open-ended interview questions;
- Evaluate a candidate’s behavioral evidence from interview against the job requirements; and
- Identify non-compliance risks related to federal and California law and legal guidelines for interviewing.
Note(s): HRCI--PHR, SPHR and GPHR general recertification credit is pending.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 11-09-2019||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Classroom with Online Materials||SANTA CLARA|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.