25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Discount applies to courses starting before September 1. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Interviewing for Success: Using Structured Interviewing Techniques
Students in this course will improve their interviewing skills and evaluation techniques through discussion, lecture, role-playing and videotaping so they can make more effective candidate selection and hiring decisions.
While this course is focused on the needs of staffing professionals, managers, and supervisors, other employees and even students who are active in the job market will gain distinctive interviewing skills.
Discussion topics include how to prepare job descriptions; review resumés quickly and accurately; plan, control, evaluate, and document the interview; and use effective questioning techniques in the interview process. You will study specific skills for behavioral, technical, and executive interviews, conducted by telephone, in person, or via videoconference.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Conduct an effective, legally compliant, initial phone/video screen of selected candidates;
- Apply a structured, flexible interviewing process, using four-phase, nine-step model presented in class;
- Prepare and execute a resumé-based interviewing agenda to elicit decision-making information;
- Use effective, job related behavioral, situational, self-assessment and open-ended interview questions;
- Evaluate a candidate’s behavioral evidence from interview against the job requirements; and
- Identify non-compliance risks related to federal and California law and legal guidelines for interviewing
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 6.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 11-14-2020||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.