25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Courses starting June through August 31. Discount applied at checkout. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Finance I, Fundamentals
This course addresses financial management, including fundamental principles, planning and evaluation, and appropriate financial tools. Through lecture, readings, group discussion, and a group project, this course covers the concepts and tools of the financial marketplace.
This course is designed for managers and team members from corporations, nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and those self-employed who are increasingly required to address the organization's goals for financial planning, working capital, capital budgeting and return on investment for goal alignment with corporate planning to meet stockholder goal of wealth maximization.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe what financial management is
- Analyze and interpret the most basic of financial statements to develop courses of action
- Assess how revenue, profitability, break-even, and time value of money all influence financial decision making
- Key financial ratios for business analysis
- Financial statement analysis
- Funding, financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Cost of capital, time value of money
- Capital budgeting and investment risk
- Valuing stocks, bonds and preferred stocks
- Capital budgeting systems
- Working capital and cash management
Skills Needed: A foundation in basic financial accounting knowledge is recommended.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 06-19-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 06-26-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 07-10-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 07-17-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 07-24-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 07-31-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 08-07-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 08-14-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 08-21-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 08-28-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.