Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Finance I, Fundamentals | BUSM.X405
This course addresses financial management, including fundamental principles, planning and evaluation, and appropriate financial tools. Through lecture, readings, group discussion, and a group project, this course covers the concepts and tools of the financial marketplace.
This course is designed for managers and team members from corporations, nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and those self-employed who are increasingly required to address the organization's goals for financial planning, working capital, capital budgeting and return on investment for goal alignment with corporate planning to meet stockholder goal of wealth maximization.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe what financial management is
- Analyze and interpret the most basic of financial statements to develop courses of action
- Assess how revenue, profitability, break-even, and time value of money all influence financial decision making
- Key financial ratios for business analysis
- Financial statement analysis
- Funding, financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Cost of capital, time value of money
- Capital budgeting and investment risk
- Valuing stocks, bonds and preferred stocks
- Capital budgeting systems
- Working capital and cash management
Skills Needed: A foundation in basic financial accounting knowledge is recommended.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 01-20-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 01-27-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-03-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-10-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-17-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-24-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-03-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-10-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-17-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|