Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
This course satisfies part of the State Licensing requirement for the application of infant/toddler caregiving principles. The course "Infant/Toddler Growth and Development" fulfills the remainder of the requirement. This course is designed for those who work with children up to three years of age. The course focuses on understanding the principles of high-quality caregiving. Topics include understanding the adult role in the development and implementation of curriculum for infants and toddlers, and essential curricula components such as physical setting, social environment and play.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe milestones of children ages 0, 1, 2 and the monthly development that they go through
- Discuss many different theories that have been given by child development theorists of the past
- Explain the differences between toddlers/infants as compared to older children in preschool and beyond
- Identify strategies that are best to use with children ages 0-2 years old
- The four stages in acquiring language
- Motor milestones of Infants 0-12 months
- Importance of brain development in the first five years
- building brains together
Working knowledge of:
- Google Workspace or Microsoft Office to submit assignments
- Canvas navigation links, modules, and using the inbox to communicate with the instructor
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
This course is great for all interested in this age group even if they have not had children of their own yet. It is also informative for those who have had children as they can relate to many of the things the book focuses on.
In this course, you will study the theories, philosophies, and practices that are best for working with infants and toddlers two and under. This class is necessary and mandatory for all caregivers working with this age frame.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Start / End Date||Quarter Units||Cost||Instructor|
|07-31-2023 to 09-03-2023||3.0||$435||Schedule||Enroll|
Final Date To Enroll: 07-31-2023
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 07-31-2023||5:30 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sun, 09-03-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|