Visit our COVID update page.
How does the human brain develop during the first years of life? How can a child learn two or more languages at the same time? How does stress slow brain growth? This course answers those questions, providing parents or teachers of infants, toddlers or preschoolers with the latest research in brain development, demonstrating how this information can enhance parenting and teaching practices. This course will help you appreciate a child's unique qualities and your own strengths, as you work toward long-term success in parenting or teaching.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify brain development in children
- Outline experiences and techniques that enable children to further their development
- Identify different areas of the brain and how some of these areas are crucial at certain times in a child's development and need to be stimulated
- Present topic of choice regarding brain research in children
- Introduction to Brain Research
- Diagrams and other helpful information on brain research
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Be ready for some lectures, individual presentations, group discussions, class and group inquiries, and a "hands-on" project or PowerPoint slide presentation to be made as a final project by each person in class.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 05-08-2023||5:30 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 05-15-2023||5:30 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 05-22-2023||5:30 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|