Decision-Making Tools and Techniques
Project managers are, above everything else, decision makers and problem solvers. A project manager's effectiveness is directly proportional to his or her decision-making ability. This course is for those professionals who want to improve their decision-making skills through the use of modern-day computer tools and techniques. Participants learn how to make effective decisions relating to project schedules, product design trade-offs, project cost estimating, problem solving and project risk analyses. Examples, in-class exercises and homework using spreadsheet techniques and Internet tools enable participants to become confident in the use and application of practical decision-making methods.
- Spreadsheet modeling and decision analysis
- Decision tools for project schedule management
- How to make multicriteria decisions using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Making effective project cost decisions
- How to use computer tools to optimize product designs
- Decision trees: when and how to use them
- How to make decisions when dealing with schedule and cost uncertainties
- How to select the most appropriate decision-making tool
Note(s): Project Management Institute--PMP 15 Professional Development Units.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 01-13-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Classroom with Online Materials||SANTA CLARA|
|Mon, 01-27-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Classroom with Online Materials||SANTA CLARA|
|Mon, 02-03-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Classroom with Online Materials||SANTA CLARA|
|Mon, 02-10-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Classroom with Online Materials||SANTA CLARA|
|Mon, 02-24-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Classroom with Online Materials||SANTA CLARA|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.