All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Project managers are, above everything else, decision makers and problem solvers. A project manager's effectiveness is directly proportional to his or her decision-making ability. This course is for those professionals who want to improve their decision-making skills through the use of modern-day computer tools and techniques. Participants learn how to make effective decisions relating to project schedules, product design trade-offs, project cost estimating, problem solving and project risk analyses. Examples, in-class exercises and homework using spreadsheet techniques and Internet tools enable participants to become confident in the use and application of practical decision-making methods.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Recognize need of soft skills and make effective group decisions using soft skills
- Understand and apply decision making process while making decisions
- Make effective decisions using Analytical Hierarchical Process and Decision Trees
- Effectively handle project cost and budget uncertainties by making right decisions and tradeoffs
- Spreadsheet modeling and decision analysis
- Decision tools for project schedule management
- How to make multicriteria decisions using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP
- Making effective project cost decisions
- How to use computer tools to optimize product designs
- Decision trees: when and how to use them
- How to make decisions when dealing with schedule and cost uncertainties
- How to select the most appropriate decision-making tool
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $720
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.