System Update This Sunday
You may experience a delay in the course registration process and accessing your student account on Sunday from 8 a.m. through Monday at 8 a.m. We're sorry for any inconvenience!
You will learn the strengths and weaknesses of various computational and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques using supplied software.
The course introduces the following topics:
- Search spaces and their importance for assessing problem complexity
- Evolutionary computation, the fundamental engine behind many AI techniques
- Genetic programming with many examples
- Neural networks and the iris problem
- Swarm intelligence, the power of collective, decentralized systems
- Support vector machines demonstration using a popular tool for simple classification
- Fuzzy logic, including a solution of the traveling salesman problem
You will learn to solve AI problems using software on a provided bootable USB Stick and learn techniques for representing and structuring real-world problems using AI. By the end of the course, you will understand common algorithms and techniques used to solve real-world optimization problems, and also gain experience applying them to practical problems.
Learning Outcomes:At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Determine if a particular task is suitable for a computational intelligence technique
- Apply the appropriate methods to the problem of interest.
Skills Needed: Experience with a computer programming language and basic algebra skills.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 02-28-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-07-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-14-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-21-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-28-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|