See our latest COVID updates.
This course presents the effective planning and management of drugs and biologics clinical research trials. Exercises and case studies will illustrate how to develop and manage activities, timelines and budgets; examine staffing and resource requirements; and lead and motivate effective teams. Strategic clinical development plans, team and clinical site performance problems are also discussed.
This course will benefit clinical research professionals who are planning to begin or like to manage clinical research studies.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe critical elements of a clinical trial projects, methods of project management and documentation
- Discuss role of a clinical trial manager and/or clinical project manager, and strategies of risk assessment and mitigation
- Discuss Clinical Trial Management Planning (Budgeting & Timeline)
- Identify pathways and resources needed for successful clinical research trials, and tools of project management
- Project development and management
- Building a Quality Management Plan
- How/Why Clinical Trial fails?
- Using Metrics to improve trial management
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and work well with others
- Broad educational background with courses in computers and public health science management.
- Completion of a general course in the content area of Clinical Research, or 2 years of experience in the Clinical Research workplace.
NotesPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Professional CreditCA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114, 20.0 Hours.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 04-12-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 04-19-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 04-26-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-03-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-10-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-17-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-24-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|