Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Agile Software Development using TDD/BDD and Python | SEQA.X404
This course provides an overview of agile software development with an emphasis on popular software development practices like test-driven development (TDD) and behavior-driven development (BDD). It covers best practices, techniques and tools used in TDD and BDD, providing an overview of testing methodologies, including black box and white box testing in the evolving Agile/Scrum model. You will learn how to use Git for version controlling and GitHub for source code management. The course introduces xUnit framework based test automation using Python pyUnit and nose as well as Selenium WebDriver based functional test automation. Test coverage concepts, strategies and tools such as coverage are also addressed. By the end of the course, you will gain hands-on exposure to cutting-edge tools heavily used in the software industry. You are encouraged to bring laptops to class.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe all the common software testing categories and their general usages
- Discuss and apply agile development using TDD/BDD, automation of unit, functional, and web-based testing
- Explain code coverage, continuous integration and continuous testing/deployment processes
- Identify strategies to apply unit testing very early in the development process
Skills Needed: Coding knowledge of any general purpose programming language such as Python, Java, C++, Ruby, or C# is required. Students without prior programming experience in Python are encouraged to go through a quick learning guide such as www.learnpython.org before the first lab starts.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 01-13-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 01-20-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 01-27-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-03-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-10-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-17-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 02-24-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-03-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-10-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-17-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|