System Update This Sunday
You may experience a delay in the course registration process and accessing your student account on Sunday from 8 a.m. through Monday at 8 a.m. We're sorry for any inconvenience!
Class assignments and exercises will prepare students to write real world applications that involve web servers, database interaction, and embedded applications.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Write faster and modular code, for real-world, cloud-based and general purpose applications
- Understand and use the basic programming constructs of GO language
- Manipulate various GO language data types, such as arrays, strings, and pointers
- Write GO language code using principles of concurrency programming
- Understand how to write web servers for cloud-based applications
- Manage memory appropriately, including proper allocation/deallocation procedures
- Code compilation
- Program structure
- Basic data types
- Control structures
- Composite types
- Functions and methods
- Interfaces encapsulation
- Using packages to reuse code
- Goroutines and channels
- How to use build in test tools
Required: Access to a GO compiler.
Skills Needed: Students should have C programming skills. Advanced C is recommended.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.