See our latest COVID updates.
With double-digit annual growth in the global gene therapy market, people with the skills to treat or prevent disease through experimental gene techniques have never been in higher demand. This course brings you closer to the exciting discoveries in genetics by providing a foundational survey of the existing technology for gene editing and helps you understand the tools of discovery.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
- prior molecular biology coursework or background is strongly recommended.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand the current technologies used in gene therapy treatments for human disease
- Understand why each technology is used in gene therapy and how the technology was developed.
- Understand how the whole process works for each of the covered topics, including what reagents are used and the editing process.
- Learn how to pick guide RNAs from sequences using CRISPR
- Gene therapy landscape overview
- Uses of viruses in gene therapy
- Car-T gene therapy
- CRISPR gene therapy
This class offers a detailed analysis of the biology underlying each technology and analyzes the advantages,disadvantages, and limitations of each.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.