Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Evolving Role of Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management professionals who understand the latest best practices in this evolving field are in high demand. Students in this course take a look back to when purchasing was simply about buying requested materials and goods. They study the industry's evolution to include other areas of high impact such as, transportation, warehousing, and supplier management. Today's professionals have a much broader impact on an organization, particularly its bottom line, when they learn how to manage product planning, supplier development, and system implementation. The evolution of this field has made it one of the critical components of any successful company.
- Understand the role supply chain management plays in an organization
- Recognize potential impacts to an organization's bottom line
- Compare and contrast skills needed in the future
- Supply chain management defined
- The purchasing multiplier
- Product planning and development
- Key skills for supply chain professionals
- Trends in supply chain management
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.