Cybersecurity for Safeguarding the Supply Chain | SCMT.X409
Cyber attacks and data breaches are happening on a daily basis everywhere prompting the US federal government to prioritize cybersecurity threats on critical supply chain networks. While large organizations have the ability to apply tremendous resources to manage their risks, the smaller organizations don’t have the same resources to put critical safeguards in place. This means risk on the supply chain relationship because large and small organizations work together in the supply chain.
In this course, we will discuss the range of cyber threats, their impact on supply chain, regulations, and best practices in the industry.
This course will provide you with additional skills on Cyber Security whether you work with governments, universities, healthcare, financial institutes, manufacturing, and more because we all work in one or even multiple supply chains. More and more requirements are being pushed out to the supply chain regarding Cyber Security requirements and compliance such as NIST SP800-171, CMMC, HIPAA, FINRA etc.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Distinguish the impact of cyber threats in the supply chain
- Explain the basic NIST cybersecurity framework and security compliances
- Compare and contrast cybersecurity best practices for your workplace
Students will participate in interactive working sessions and highlight practical solutions for implementation at the workplace.
- Cyber threats
- Impact of cyberattacks on Supply Chain
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Framework
- Cybersecurity hygiene and best practices for supply chain safety
- Industry cyber compliance (NIST SP800-171, CMMC, PCI DSS, HIPAA)
- NIST cybersecurity framework
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Cybersecurity best practices
- California Consumer Privacy Act and why you need to implement “Reasonable Security”
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 04-24-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-01-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-08-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-15-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-22-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 05-29-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 06-05-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Wed, 06-12-2024||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|