All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard for image editing used by Graphic Designers, Web Designers, User Interface Designers, Administrative Professionals, Artists, Photographers and Business Professionals to give their images, graphics, and presentations a professional edge. Students are introduced to a broad range of Photoshop skills and foundational concepts including important file formats, the interface of Photoshop menus, tools, options, panels, keyboard helpers, type, workflow, insights into how Photoshop “thinks” and much more. By the end of this course, you will have a good foundation of Photoshop to combine, edit and enhance photographs and the ability to create professional images for your projects. The online Canvas/Zoom platform provides opportunity for student engagement via hands-on computer skills, lecture, demonstration, screen sharing, class recordings and weekly assignments.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Manage a project’s workflow
- Manipulate image size and resolution for print and web
- Understand common file formats and when to use them
- Address tonal and color adjustments
- Utilize Photoshop tools, options, keyboard helpers, panels and menus
- Create, refine and save Photoshop selections
- Utilize Photoshop Layers
- Combine images and selections to create composite images
- Work non-destructively with adjustment layers and layer masks
- Use the type tool
- Discuss Photoshop in terms of color and light, size and resolution.
- Identify what makes an efficient and organized Layers Panel.
- Sophisticated techniques for non-destructive editing.
- Creating composite images.
- Familiarity with Macintosh OS
- Adobe Photoshop installed on your computer.
- Access to a camera.
- Reliable internet.
- Focused time and a suitable environment for Zoom classes.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 05-28-2022||1:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 06-04-2022||1:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 06-11-2022||1:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 06-18-2022||1:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 06-25-2022||1:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|