Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Adobe Photoshop | UEWD.X419
Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard for image editing used by Graphic Designers, Web Designers, User Interface Designers, Administrative Professionals, Artists, Photographers and Business Professionals to give their images, graphics, and presentations a professional edge. Students are introduced to a broad range of Photoshop skills and foundational concepts including important file formats, the interface of Photoshop menus, tools, options, panels, keyboard helpers, type, workflow, insights into how Photoshop “thinks” and much more. By the end of this course, you will have a good foundation of Photoshop to combine, edit and enhance photographs and the ability to create professional images for your projects. The online Canvas/Zoom platform provides opportunity for student engagement via hands-on computer skills, lecture, demonstration, screen sharing, class recordings and weekly assignments.
- Discuss Photoshop in terms of color and light, size and resolution.
- Identify what makes an efficient and organized Layers Panel.
- Sophisticated techniques for non-destructive editing.
- Creating composite images.
- Familiarity with Macintosh OS
- Adobe Photoshop installed on your computer.
- Access to a camera.
- Reliable internet.
- Focused time and a suitable environment for Zoom classes.
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.