This course provides an introduction to managing development projects and programs at both the team and enterprise levels using Agile and Lean processes. The course covers agile and lean thinking principles as implemented by the Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban project management frameworks. The course will also address the business case for agility, lean projects, portfolio management, and becoming a Lean-Agile enterprise. Other topics include the role of management in Lean-Agile development, the kaizen culture, mapping the value stream and the Kanban method for accelerating the delivery of business value.
- Lean principles, the value of agility, minimizing complexity and rework, fast flexible flow, value stream mapping and defining value
- Overview of lean-agile, lean project and portfolio management
- Going Beyond Scrum with Kanban and Scrumban
- Lean-agile planning and estimating, visual controls, information radiators and quality assurance
- Becoming an agile enterprise, including teams and management roles in lean-agile development
Professional Credit: Project Management Institute--PMP 15 Professional Development Units.