Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Managing International Projects | PPMT.X411
As businesses globalize, project managers must collaborate with team members from multiple countries. Surveys indicate that less than 40% of international projects succeed at meeting their baseline business objectives. This course provides project managers with tools and techniques for developing international projects that succeed in the competitive multinational business environment.
You’ll learn critical success factors for international projects, using objective metrics, as well as applicable resources and techniques and lessons learned. The course covers techniques for expanding projects into the international business arena and finding partners in emerging markets.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe Major Global Project Management Standards
- Discuss business, technical, and organizational values of global projects
- Explain unique characteristics of Managing International Projects
- Identify challenges facing Projects Managers dealing with global projects
- Global business trends
- Characteristics of international projects
- Critical success factors for international projects
- International organizational options
- Intellectual property management
- Managing international contracts and agreements
- Effective communication management in a geographically fragmented project team
- Unique international project costs
- Finding international partners
You'll be assessed on a practical problem-solving, exercise-based project. If your company is looking to extend its market reach, or if your start up is seeking a footprint in emerging market spaces, this is the course for you.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.