Saturday Phone Service Interruption
There will be a brief pause in our phone service beginning at noon on Saturday, May 15 through May 16. For course emergencies, you may reach us at email@example.com.
Business Law and Its Environment | BUSM.X409
The business environment has become more complex and litigious; therefore, knowledge of general principles of law is more important than ever. This course reviews the American legal process, commercial law and its development, and organizational structures in the context of the managerial challenges in today's highly litigious environment. Instruction incorporates analysis of actual cases, class participation, group projects, lectures and readings.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the US court system and basic legal terms and doctrines
- Describe legal issues and laws that impact businesses in the US and internationally.
- Explain strategies to minimize legal risks to businesses and employees.
- Identify legal risks and strategies for more effective business administration and decisions.
- Product liability
- Constitutional law as it applies to business
- Federal and state civil procedure
- Business entities, including limited liability companies
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Real-property concepts
- Creditor, debtor and bankruptcy issues
- Employment discrimination and sexual harassment
- Law of agency
- Criminal law
- An overview of the American legal system.
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 29.25 hours.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.