The business environment has become more complex and litigious; therefore, knowledge of general principles of business law is more important than ever.
In this course we’ll review the American legal process, business law and its development, and organizational structures in the context of the managerial challenges in today's highly litigious environment.
Through analysis of actual cases, group discussions, and lectures, you will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and analyze legal issues, assess the legal implications of business decisions, and develop strategies to mitigate legal risks.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand the U.S. court system and basic legal terms and doctrines
- Describe legal issues and laws that impact businesses.
- Explain strategies to minimize legal risks to businesses and employers.
- Identify legal risks and strategies for more effective business administration and decisions.
- An overview of the American legal system
- Product liability
- Federal and state civil procedure
- Business entities, including limited liability companies
- Real property and leases
- Bankruptcy issues
- Employment laws including discrimination and sexual harassment
- Law of agency
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 11-11-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-18-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-02-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-09-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|