Internships & OPT
Unpaid Internship Eligibility & Requirements
- Gain experience at a real company in Silicon Valley. Also, the internship is worth 3 units per quarter and count towards the minimum 12 unit requirement.
- Look here for unpaid Internships www.internships.com, https://www.linkedin.com, https://www.ziprecruiter.com or https://www.indeed.com.
- Come to our “How to Network in the Bay Area” FREE talk while studying with us.
- Work with the Internship Coordinator. They will send out your resume to our partners, making it easier to land an Internship.
- Receive an offer letter or use our confirmation form describing:
- Role and responsibilities and how it relates to your certificate.
- # of hours per quarter you will be interning.
- Supervisor’s title and contact information and company URL.
- Once confirmed, we will enroll you in the course called “Business Practices for International Students”.
A maximum of 20 hours per week, but no more than 200 per quarter. The minimum is 90 hours.
Yes, and use the current skills you are studying.
At the end of each quarter, your supervisor must submit a short evaluation of your work.
You must also evaluate your company.
Optional Practical Training (OPT) for International Students
Finish Your Studies And Get Real Work Experience In The US!
How do I qualify for OPT?
- Studied for at least 9 months.
- Completed a professional certificate program.
- F-1 status at the time of application.
When should I apply for OPT?
- 90 days before you complete your certificate.
How long is OPT and where can I work?
- Up to 1 year and you can work anywhere in the U.S. as long as the job is related to your studies.
Can my OPT job be paid?
- It can be paid or unpaid!
Does OPT cost anything?
- $100 application fee will apply.
- $410 to US Department of Homeland Security.
Am I guaranteed employment by completing one of your certificate programs?
- No, you must interview and receive an offer from a company willing to sponsor your practical training. Many of our students have successfully secured positions.
I've already completed OPT during my last degree studies. Can I do OPT again?
- If you already had OPT at a Bachelor's degree or higher, you are not eligible for an OPT with a certificate.
Continuing students can learn more about applying for OPT at the OPT workshop on May 22nd at 10am.