California Paralegals Require Specialized Training
As with many professions, the State of California has special requirements to be recognized as a California Paralegal under the Business and Profession Code. UCSC Silicon Valley Extension offers a comprehensive online program to fulfill State requirements for advanced paralegal preparation.
Nationally Acclaimed Program Includes Advanced Instruction
We partner with the nationally acclaimed Center for Legal Studies (CLS) to offer comprehensive preparation for paralegals working in California. The program is completed in two stages: the "Paralegal Certificate Course" followed by the "Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course." All components of both courses are delivered online.
Benefits of Studying at UCSC Extension
- Nationally recognized program
- 100% online course of study
- Advanced certificate meets State requirements
- Increases your value to law firms
- CLS's 30-year track record of excellence
- UCSC Extension Certificate of Completion
- No previous legal experience required
- May qualify for professional continuing education credit
Who Should Attend This Program
The Paralegal and Advance Paralegal programs are designed for individuals seeking employment in the paralegal profession. Previous legal training is not a prerequisite for enrollment.
The total number of class hours is comparable to classroom instruction offered elsewhere. Students are expected to complete an average of 15 hours of homework outside of class sessions.
- Core Paralegal Certificate Course
- Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course
You must complete both the core paralegal and the advanced paralegal courses to meet the requirements for California Business and Profession Code 6450.