Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
DEI through the lens of HR leaders
Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace has become the priority in organizations committed to an organizational culture where all people can prosper. In the Workplace Cultural Competency specialization, we explore ways to identify and correct systemic issues, help leaders drive strategic initiatives, that support cultural and systemic change.
We work with tools for effective intercultural global business practices and help you guide executives and managers to recognize obstacles, build equitable systems, and implement DEI initiatives that positively impact the bottom line of an organization.
- Understand the HR role in leading DEI initiatives.
- Identify and correct systematic issues prevailing negative impact on organizational culture.
- Learn to track DEI initiatives that support workforce engagement and productivity.
- Prevent misunderstands that could lead to formal grievances.
- Assist leaders with the implementation of DEI initiatives.
- Apply research-based strategies to intercultural business activities.
- Coach employees through cultural transitions.
- Strategize use of cultural resources.
- Conduct effective conflict resolution meetings.
- Identify and understand different perspectives and approaches to the study of conflict.
- Integrate conflict resolution into various organizational cultures.
- Recognize mediator and party biases and cultural differences in a resolution process.
- Implement the optimal mediation style for a dispute
- Understand the mediation process when participating in an EEOC mediation
- People business partners
- DEI program managers
- HR professionals
Estimated Cost (You pay only for courses you enroll in): $1,985
Required Credits: 6.5 credits
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6–9 months.
1. Required Course(s):
2. Completion Review:
Specialization Inquiry Form
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.