All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
DEI through the lens of HR leaders
Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace has become the priority in organizations committed to an organizational culture where all people can prosper. In the Workplace Cultural Competency specialization, we explore ways to identify and correct systemic issues, help leaders drive strategic initiatives, that support cultural and systemic change.
We work with tools for effective intercultural global business practices and help you guide executives and managers to recognize obstacles, build equitable systems, and implement DEI initiatives that positively impact the bottom line of an organization.
- Understand the HR role in leading DEI initiatives.
- Identify and correct systematic issues prevailing negative impact on organizational culture.
- Learn to track DEI initiatives that support workforce engagement and productivity.
- Prevent misunderstands that could lead to formal grievances.
- Assist leaders with the implementation of DEI initiatives.
- Apply research-based strategies to intercultural business activities.
- Coach employees through cultural transitions.
- Strategize use of cultural resources.
- Conduct effective conflict resolution meetings.
- Identify and understand different perspectives and approaches to the study of conflict.
- Integrate conflict resolution into various organizational cultures.
- Recognize mediator and party biases and cultural differences in a resolution process.
- Implement the optimal mediation style for a dispute
- Understand the mediation process when participating in an EEOC mediation
- People business partners
- DEI program managers
- HR professionals
Show off your skills with a digital badge.
Estimated Cost: $1,985 (You pay only for courses you enroll in.)
Program Requirements: 6.5 credits
Minimum Hours of Instruction:
Estimated Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6–9 months.
1. Required Course(s): Three Required
2. Completion Review:
Specialization Inquiry Form
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (Udacity, Microfacturing Institutes) may have a shorter completion requirement.