Develop web systems and applications for business
Web development and application programming courses are combined in a rich curriculum to help you learn to develop web systems and applications for business and, for the experienced front-end developer, to stay current with the most current computer languages and technologies.
In this focused specialization we train you to work on e-commerce, enterprise applications, interactive websites, and cloud applications. You will study the most popular web programming languages, server development, RIA or dynamic web technologies, and cloud services, and program on all major platforms and frameworks.
Web Development specialization objectives
- Design and develop robust, reliable, web systems, and applications to support business needs
- Apply best practices to front-end web development
- Develop a test plan to code and test cases for web applications
- Designing, Building and Integrating RESTful API
Use data in projects, learn methods of data exchange and how data interacts with business applications.
Learn to analyze and handle basic coding and deepen your understanding of the dynamic web.
Estimated Cost: $2,860–$3,345 (You pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: 4 courses (9 units). Take 2 core courses (4 units) and sufficient electives to earn a minimum of 5 units. End with Specialization completion review.
Duration: A full-time student can complete the certificate in 6–9 months.
1. REQUIRED COURSES
3. REQUIRED SPECIALIZATION REVIEW
Specialization Inquiry Form
TERESA HARDY, B.S., M.A., is the founder of New Media-Designs, an online marketing agency specializing in solutions for technology companies. She has over 25 years of experience in engineering and marketing in high tech companies and has worked as a web developer and multimedia artist since 2005. Hardy has taught web design, branding, usability, gaming, and web development at several universities in the San Francisco Bay area. She has served as chair of the Web Development specialization since 2020.
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.