New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Visionary leadership and navigating change
With the nation's spotlight on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, people are looking to leadership for change and expecting a substantive response. In this DEI Leadership specialization, we explore what it really means to lead an organization committed to your values. We examine leadership styles and systemic barriers to inclusion, providing concrete tools and best practices to unleash the potential of your teams. This is not a lecture series. Your full participation is requested for class discussions.
- DEI Leadership and Strategic Impact
with Stephanie Evans-Wemusa, BA, MSHROD
- Cultural Proficiency
with Holly Cornelison Hopla, M.Ed.
- Global Diversity: A Toolkit for Cross-Cultural Communication
with Jeaneen Wallis, M.B.A., Ph.D.
DEI leadership program learning outcomes
- Identify your values and how they influence your leadership of diverse teams
- Apply communication strategies to create culturally equitable workplaces.
- Mentor diverse colleagues and share feedback in ways that enable them to develop and deliver
DEI leadership job outlook
With racism and inequity on the forefront of the national agenda, there has been a sharp uptick in job openings in the last year for chief diversity officers and leaders who are skilled in diversity-aligned organizational change. This curriculum is ideal for:
- C-suite executives
- HR professionals and people business partners
- Executive coaches
- Aspiring organizational leaders
- Chief diversity officers
Estimated Cost (You pay only for courses you enroll in): $1,285
Required Credits: 4.2 (Mix of UC credit and CEUs)
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in about nine months.
1. Required Course(s): Three Required
2. Completion Review:
Specialization Inquiry Form
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (Udacity, Microfacturing Institutes) may have a shorter completion requirement.