Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Visionary leadership and navigating change
With the nation's spotlight on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, people are looking to leadership for change and expecting a substantive response. In this DEI Leadership specialization, we explore what it really means to lead an organization committed to your values. We examine leadership styles and systemic barriers to inclusion, providing concrete tools and best practices to unleash the potential of your teams. This is not a lecture series. Your full participation is requested for class discussions.
- DEI Leadership and Strategic Impact
with Stephanie Evans-Wemusa, BA, MSHROD
- Cultural Proficiency
with Holly Cornelison Hopla, M.Ed.
- Global Diversity: A Toolkit for Cross-Cultural Communication
with Jeaneen Wallis, M.B.A., Ph.D.
DEI leadership program learning outcomes
- Identify your values and how they influence your leadership of diverse teams
- Apply communication strategies to create culturally equitable workplaces.
- Mentor diverse colleagues and share feedback in ways that enable them to develop and deliver
DEI leadership job outlook
With racism and inequity on the forefront of the national agenda, there has been a sharp uptick in job openings in the last year for chief diversity officers and leaders who are skilled in diversity-aligned organizational change. This curriculum is ideal for:
- C-suite executives
- HR professionals and people business partners
- Executive coaches
- Aspiring organizational leaders
- Chief diversity officers
Estimated Cost (You pay only for courses you enroll in): $1,285
Required Credits: 4.2 (Mix of UC credit and CEUs)
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in about nine months.
1. Required Course(s): Three Required
2. Completion Review:
Specialization Inquiry Form
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.