Building enterprise AI applications of the future
AI-powered intelligent applications are fast becoming the norm. Gain the knowledge and skills you need from experts in the field.
- Master introductory deep learning prediction models.
- Choose an important field for applying AI.
- Launch your own industry-standard applications for the enterprise.
Rapid job growth outlook
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 21 percent growth in software developer jobs by 2028—much faster than average industry growth. People with skills in AI will be in significantly high demand.
Acquire the foundational knowledge of AI business and programming.
Develop keen insights and high-level skills in your specialty. Choose one of the following:
Demonstrate your mastery that will make employers take notice. Complete the program with the capstone course.
Embrace the AI paradigm shift!
Programming with Generative AI
Technology instructor Bineet Sharma talks about the latest developments in AI and how programmers can apply new technology to create great code more efficiently. (August • 2023)
Building AI Applications for the Enterprise
Hear our AI experts talk about the skills you need to get a foothold in this industry, the best way to build out your resume with real work projects, and the new AI courses we've created to help you on your way. (June • 2022)
Estimated Cost: $3,385 (You pay only for courses you enroll in.)
Program Requirements: 9.5 quarter units (CEUs and UC credit)
Minimum Hours of Instruction: 95 hours of instruction
Estimated Duration: 6–9 months to complete the specialization.
Special Programs: None
1. Required Course(s):
2. Elective Courses: (Choose One)
3. Capstone Course:
4. Completion Review:
Meet Our Instructors
Specialization Inquiry Form
AJAY BARANWAL is the director of the Center for Deep Learning in Electronics Manufacturing (CDLe) where he leads applied deep learning research and development efforts to solve electronics and semiconductor manufacturing problems.
AI Program Advisory Committee
PAUL BALDASSARI, Magister (Australia)
Executive Vice President, Worldwide Operations, Flex
AJAY BARANWAL, MA
Chair, AI Program, UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
Director, Center for Deep Learning in Electronics Manufacturing
RAHUL BHUMAN, M.S., M.B.A.
Vice President. Head of Emerging Business & Head of IBU, Tech Mahindra
MOENES ISKAROUS, Ph.D.
Fellow and Cofounder of SiMa.ai™
Instructor, UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
JASON SAMAHA, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor, Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience: Cognitive Neuroscience, Cognition: Fundamental Theories, The Neuroscience of Consciousness
UC Santa Cruz Psychology Department
MIKE SCHMIDT, B.S.M.E.
Director of Software Engineering, AMD
Who should establish candidacy?
- People who are pursuing a certificate (and have enrolled in a course in the program).
- People who want to lock in the current requirements of a certificate or specialization.
4 Simple Steps to a Certificate or Specialization
- Complete a course in your selected program.
- Establish candidacy. Click on the Establish Candidacy button on your program page.
- Take all required courses for certificate completion.
- Once your grades are posted on your final course, enroll in the certificate review fee.
A Benefit of Establishing Candidacy
Program requirements may change. Once you commit to a program by establish your candidacy, you will not have to change your plans to meet new requirements. They are locked in for you. Timeline: 4 years to get it done (or 3 for a specialization) You must complete all the necessary units in a certificate within a four-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2023, you would have to finish by Sept. 4, 2027.
Note: Establishing candidacy does not trigger the beginning of the four-year window. It begins the first day of the first course in your chosen certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the four-year timeframe.
Exceptions to the four-year requirement
- If you Established candidacy prior to Jan. 1, 2024, you will have five years to complete a program.
- Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, or our curriculum partner programs, such as the Legal Studies courses (CLS by Barbri) and sales and business courses (Ziplines Education) have shorter completion requirements.