Visit our COVID update page.
Coronavirus Frequently Asked Question
What are the COVID-related requirements for events?
Attending events at UCSC
- Proof of being up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations or a recent negative COVID-19 test result (taken within 72 hours of the start of an event) are not required for indoor events. Event organizers may choose to require these measures as long as they apply to all attendees.
- The host or event coordinator will provide attendees reasonable notice of the requirements of the event in advance. If proof of being up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations or a negative test is required, the entrance requirements can be met in the following ways:
- Any attendee can show their CDC Vaccine Card (phone image acceptable) or digital vaccine record from the State of California. International attendees may show their translated vaccine record.
- Any attendee can show a negative COVID-19 test result from the last 72 hours (must be a lab PCR test; home tests/antigen tests are not valid).
- Attendees who do not meet speciﬁed event requirements will not be permitted entry.
- Event organizers may require face coverings for specific events, such as those with the possibility of high density or close contact, although doing so is not required at this time.
- Accurate attendee registration is recommended for all events to aid in contact tracing if needed.
- If food or beverages are served during the indoor event, attendees should have the option to eat their meal outdoors if they desire.