Coronavirus Frequently Asked Question
Am I required to complete a daily Visitor Symptom Check Questionnaire for COVID?
All scheduled and unscheduled visitors to UC Santa Cruz-owned or leased property must complete the UCSC Visitor COVID-19 Symptom Check Questionnaire prior to entering the campus each day they plan to enter the campus. The Questionnaire is brief and should take less than four minutes to complete.
Extension students who do not have student IDs should fill out this online UCSC Visitor COVID-19 Symptom Check Questionnaire before entering the building.
Note: We will have printed copies of the UCSC Visitor COVID-19 Symptom Check Questionnaire at the building entrance.
Who is required to complete a daily Visitor Symptom Check Questionnaire for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Everyone: students, staff, instructors, guests
Symptom Questions & Answers
- LOCATION—Please indicate the building you will access
- Silicon Valley Campus
- PURPOSE—Are you meeting with a specific faculty, staff, or students?
- PRIMARY CONTACT
- Instructor (You don't need to input a name.)
- EMAIL of PRIMARY CONTACT
- SECOND CONTACT
- Please go on to respond to symptom questions.
What happens once I complete the questionnaire?
Upon completion and submission of the questionnaire, you will receive an email certificate of “Cleared to enter UCSC facilities” or “Not Cleared to enter UCSC facilities.” This notice will be sent to your email account, to the person that you are visiting, as applicable, and to the Symptom Check database. The notice will not provide symptom information.
When visiting a facility, you must display the “Cleared to enter UCSC facilities” certification prior to entering the facility.
For contact tracing purposes, questionnaire responses will be stored in a private and secure database and purged after 60 days.
My Visitor Symptom Check Questionnaire indicates that I am “Not Cleared,” what shall I do?
- Notify the UC Santa Cruz person that you are visiting or notify the contact where you were volunteering, as applicable, that you are unable to enter UCSC facilities because you have received the certification that states “Not Cleared to enter UCSC facilities” from the Visitor Symptom Check Questionnaire.
- Cancel your visit. Do not enter UCSC facilities until you have consulted with a medical professional.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 procedure indicates that you should contact your healthcare provider, or, if symptoms warrant, go to your local emergency department.
What if I don’t have access to a computer, internet, or smartphone at home?
We will have printed copies of the UCSC Visitor COVID-19 Symptom Check Questionnaire at the building entrance.