New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
The MEAN stack consists of client, server and database skills. The course explains the four components and the role each has in building a modern, sophisticated Web application, and then covers the configuration, implementation and programming details. You will learn to build the Node.js server, include Express in the app, interface with the document-oriented database MongoDB, and use Angular directives and services on the client side. The course will also discuss the interactions with JSON, Model-View-Controller, Web services and HTML in this framework. Class assignments and projects will give you hands-on experience.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the whole application stack end to end
- Discuss the various SQL no SQL databases and work with them
- Explain the benefits of Node.js Asynchrony
- Describe the Angular 4 framework
- Introduction to the MEAN stack
- Building the Node.js server
- Interacting with MongoDB using Mongoose
- Configuring and using Express in a Web app
- Implementing Express in Node.js
- Understanding AngularJS directives
- Implementing AngularJS services
- Connecting MongoDB and Node.js
- Accessing and manipulating databases
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.