Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
The MEAN stack consists of client, server and database skills. The course explains the four components and the role each has in building a modern, sophisticated Web application, and then covers the configuration, implementation and programming details. You will learn to build the Node.js server, include Express in the app, interface with the document-oriented database MongoDB, and use Angular directives and services on the client side. The course will also discuss the interactions with JSON, Model-View-Controller, Web services and HTML in this framework. Class assignments and projects will give you hands-on experience.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the whole application stack end to end
- Discuss the various SQL no SQL databases and work with them
- Explain the benefits of Node.js Asynchrony
- Describe the Angular 4 framework
- Introduction to the MEAN stack
- Building the Node.js server
- Interacting with MongoDB using Mongoose
- Configuring and using Express in a Web app
- Implementing Express in Node.js
- Understanding AngularJS directives
- Implementing AngularJS services
- Connecting MongoDB and Node.js
- Accessing and manipulating databases
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.